CSCE 3605: System Administration
Prepares students with an understanding of virtual machines with universal principles that apply to all operating systems structure and operation including the concepts of processes, resource and file management and performance. Students also develop an understanding of the pervasive use of Unix based operating systems in the design of various systems such as switches, routers, Load balances, wireless controllers and network Management platforms to provide various services to support interaction between computer-based systems.
1. Identify and analyze user needs.
2. Structure user requirements in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of computer systems maintenance by providing and maintaining computers for users with a wide range of computing needs and abilities.
4. Design various hardware components such as switches, routers, load balancers, wireless controllers and network management platforms to provide network services that support interaction among computer-based systems.
5. Effectively integrate IT-Based solutions into the user environment.